The purpose of this policy is to set out the minimum requirements of a recruitment process that:
- Attracts the best possible applicants to apply for any vacancies
- Has safeguarding as of paramount importance throughout all stages of the recruitment, selection and induction process.
- Deters prospective applicants who are unsuitable for work with children or young adults
- Identifies and rejects applicants who are unsuitable to work with children and young people
- Follows current legislation and guidance as a result of the Bichard Review 2004 and the Keeping Children Safe in Education document 2016