- Parents/Carers to ring the school if your child is going to be off school.
- Daily absence sheet is checked by the Attendance Officer and reasons for absence are added to registers to inform the class teacher.
- If parents do not contact the school, texts are sent to parents on the first day of absence. If an absence is a cause for concern, then the Attendance Officer contacts parents.
- On the second day of absence, the attendance officer, texts or calls and asks for proof of medication and reason for absence.
- If no contact can be made on the second day of absence, the Attendance Officer, will do a Home Visit, especially if attendance is low/persistently absent.
- At the home visit, a print out of attendance record is given to parents and attendance procedures are explained.
- If there is no-one available, a calling card is left. This informs parents to contact school regarding the child's absence
- Attendance figures are analysed on a weekly basis. Children with attendance under 90% are sent a letter.
- If attendance continues to be an issue, parents are invited to meetings with the class teacher and action plans to support attendance may be completed.